Love and shame

A model that doesn't work:

'There's a lot wrong with me, but others love me, and God loves me, so that's OK.'

Nature is unaware of wrongness, and nature is unaware of mistakes. Nothing I've ever done exists right now, as far as nature is concerned, and nature does not judge anything I do. What I do has practical consequences, within the construct of human relations, but that's a different question.

Nature is also unaware of dualism. There's no me; there's no you; there is just is-ness, in an endless network of interactions, like molecules of water in the sea, forming collapsing waves.

Loving and being loved require dualism. It requires you to be over there, and me to be over here. Dualistic love literally requires distance. When two people are together, and really together, with no sense of distance, and no sense of separation, there's nothing that destroys it so quickly as one of them standing back, extracting themselves from the oneness, calling itself 'I', calling the other person 'you', and launching an intercontinental ballistic love bomb at the other person. The expression of love actually creates distance and denies the oneness and therefore the identity of both.

Love-missile launchers often choose who to launch their missiles at by perceiving lack in others, which is really a mirror of their own perceived lack.

'Don't get your love all over people.'

Even ACIM uses the language of dualism, in the learning stage, but it's just a learning stage.

At some point, the veil has to fall. There is oneness, and there is nothing wrong with any of it.

Comments