Corrective measures for 27 July 2020

If I’m upset about something
Which is not happening right now ...
... I'm upset about a fantasy.
A fantasy about an event
Which happened or will happen
Is still a fantasy
It is not the event itself

If I'm unhappy because of a circumstance
It's my reaction to the circumstance that is causing the unhappiness
I'm hitting myself over the head with a hammer
Wanting to change the circumstance to make myself happy
Is like wanting to move somewhere else
Because someone is hitting me over the head with a hammer
Here

Cease fighting anything or anyone
The only acceptable position is complete neutrality
God might want me to take action in the world, however:
A cleaner does not judge the dirt
The cleaner merely removes the dirt
The cleaner is not fighting the dirt

The thought-box is just a thought-box
Stop crouching down and listening to it
Leave it in the corner of the room
And shut its lid
So the rest of the room can breathe

Comments