Screaming

Babies are full of joy and wonder, except when they are screaming. Joy and wonder are the natural state. Anything else is a momentary cloud covering the sun or a false mask. Misery, depression, and anxiety are not the human condition; they are the taught ego condition, which is a result of the propagated false belief that one's happiness depends on whether or not external circumstances match one's arbitrary plan for them. But back to babies. They scream because they have no other way of getting needs met. Adults do, which is to act in a giving and loving way to the world and occasionally to make reasonable requests; this results in needs being met. Where things went wrong with me was that I never grew out of the screaming stage. Any anger (a politer form of screaming) is a sign that I have not yet fully outgrown the screaming stage. Time to grow up: nothing is worthy of screaming, anger, irritation, or complaint. Anything not to my taste instead is a call for acceptance if I cannot change it or courage if I can.

Comments