Leaving behind unloving thoughts

My job is not to convince my unloving thoughts that they need not be thought. Their thought system is internally consistent and totally insane. It is not open to conviction otherwise, but I am. When I am disturbed, the way out is not to argue with myself but to choose what I want to guide me.
T-11.in.1. Either God or the ego is insane. 2 If you will examine the evidence on both sides fairly, you will realize this must be true. 3 Neither God nor the ego proposes a partial thought system. 4 Each is internally consistent, but they are diametrically opposed in all respects so that partial allegiance is impossible. 5 Remember, too, that their results are as different as their foundations, and their fundamentally irreconcilable natures cannot be reconciled by vacillations between them. 6 Nothing alive is fatherless, for life is creation. 7 Therefore, your decision is always an answer to the question, "Who is my father?" 8 And you will be faithful to the father you choose. (A Course in Miracles)
In choosing God over ego, the ego dissolves.

Remember:
No call to God can be unheard nor left unanswered. And of this I can be sure; His answer is the one I really want. (Lesson 358, A Course in Miracles)

Comments